A great idea for a neighborhood holiday party or family reunion.
- 95 two-bite brownies®
- 4 cups (1L) prepared white frosting red & blue food colouring
- 1 19 “ x 14 “ (48 cm x 35 cm) cake board
- 1 cup (250 mL) white sprinkles
- Assorted white and red candies (lifesavers, mints, chicklets, licorice, jelly beans, jujubes, M & M’s, gum balls, fruit candies, gummy candies)
- Color 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) frosting red and 3/4 cup (175 mL) blue.
- Spread about 2 tsp (10 mL) white frosting on 42 brownies. Dip tops in white sprinkles.
- Spread red frosting on 33 brownies. Spread blue frosting on 20 brownies. Top blue frosted brownies with white candies and red frosted brownies with red candies.
- Spread a very thin layer of white frosting on board to form a 16” x 12” (40 cm x 30 cm) rectangle. This is to stick the brownies to the board.
- To assemble, starting at the bottom of the flag, arrange 3 rows of 9 brownies each leaving a small space between each row. The next 3 rows starting from the left are 4 blue and 5 white.
- On top of the base brownies arrange 2 rows of red brownies between the 3 bottom white rows. Put 2 rows of 4 blue brownies and 3 rows of 5 red brownies in between base rows. (see photo for a guide)
- There is no right or wrong with the decorating. Keep the red, white & blue colors as directed but use your imagination and have fun with the candy decorating.