Crunchy cinnamon pancakes with cinnamon honey butter – breakfast can’t get any better.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 two-bite ® Cinnamon Rolls, chopped
- For the cinnamon honey butter, in small bowl, beat butter, honey and cinnamon together until light and creamy. Set aside.
- Preheat griddle or frying pan to 375 F (190 C). Lightly grease.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients whisking until almost smooth.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls (60 mL) onto griddle or frying pan.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 mL) cinnamon roll crumbles over surface of each. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles break on the surface and bottoms are golden. Turn and cook until bottoms are golden, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining batter and crumbs.
- Serve hot with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
- Prepare Cinnamon Honey Butter ahead. Serve at room temperature.
- Use an ice cream scoop to dish out batter for evenly shaped round pancakes.